Monday, April 20, 2009

Bad Blogging Mom! Bad!

I haven't been keeping up with the blog lately. I could offer a lot of excuses about being busy or what-not, but lets just be honest here. Once I get Connor down for the night I pump, watch a little t.v. and then crash. All of my online and offline activites have suffered.

Why am I so tired lately? Is it the renewed breastfeeding? The newly mobile 8 month old? Just the daily grind wearing me down? I really can't say. My friends who are meddling around in the dating world keep telling me how they met so-and-so person and spoke with them on the phone for six, seven, eight hours at a time.

I can not IMAGINE having the time OR the energy to talk to someone that long. Lately I find I am brusque on phone-calls even when I have the time to chat, which is rare in itself. Those moments where I DON'T have to be someone's mommy, co-worker, or supportive friend and family member are so brief that I tend to guard them a bit jealously. Yay for silence!

Anyway, so I've missed out on telling you guys a lot of exciting things.

First: Connor has teeth now! The first one came in on the 3rd (bottom left) and the 2nd one about a week later (bottom right). They are completely adorable!



Next: Connor had his first Easter! And on his first Easter he had his first pancake! He loved it. Looooooved it. I was breaking off little bits and putting them in his mouth, but I wasn't doing it fast enough for him so I put a few pieces in front of him on the table for him to work with...but even that wasn't good enough. He wanted a BIG piece! There was a large bit of pancake I was breaking the smaller pieces off of and before I could stop him, he swooped down and shoved the ENTIRE THING in his mouth! Of course it all crumbled to bits, so it wasn't a choking hazard...it WAS rather cute. Fortunately Laura and Mala caught the little thief on camera.





After that was the egg-hunt. I learned a lot about the savagery of children! Kids can be brutal....and, 30 waist-high munchkins can be a little scary when they’re frothing at the mouth to get at the brightly colored plastic that happens to be nestled in the grass patch in front of your feet. I was nearly knocked over in the tidal wave.

Fortunately Connor and I were able to find a quiet spot for him to pick up his very own egg.



When the hunt was over, Connor got to meet the Easter Bunny. I don't think he found the giant white bunny with the weird face charming.



Then we all retired to Gram Gram Adrienne's house for a little dancing and play.



The next day Connor got to go to his Paw Paw's house and hang out with him for a while. They had a lot of fun together.



There are a lot more pictures in my Easter Album, so feel free to check them out!

Last but not least, there is more big thing to share. Are you ready? Are you sitting? Can you bear the wait?

Connor is crawling! My little tub-o-baby-lard has finally gotten mobile. Not much...mostly just a few inches at a time. It's really more of a scrunch scoot than a crawl, but what the heck! It counts!

and of COURSE I have video evidence!



2 comments:

L+L={E,E2,C} said...

yay Connor!!! And oh boy mommy are you in trouble! He's cute AND mobile...(so what do you want for your birthday? aspirin or time off? ;)

E. E. White said...

Is both an option?