Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Another Reason to Move to Boston

People tell me that people are the same everywhere you go. However, the recent election shows that is not to be true. There were states that were VERY red, and VERY blue. Massachusettes was a state that was very blue. 62/36 in favor of Obama. THAT right there tells me that Boston and Atlanta are pretty different as far as what is considered important by the general populace.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/individual/#mapPMA

This link showed how the votes go by age. The older people got, the more likely they were to vote McCain (even though the overall vote in all age groups still favored Obama) Boston is a college town, so there are a lot of young, idealistic people there. People that still have hope for change.

It just seems like a place I would fit in better.

As a side note, all the states I am considering moving to were blue states this election. I don't think it is accidental that I want to go there!

1 comment:

Nana said...

but now you have a son that you have to think about. If you move to Boston he will never get a chance to know his family. I think getting to love and know his family is more important and a red or blue state.