Saturday, February 7, 2009

Exhausted and Happy

Today was a good day. I got up early and met my friend Wayne and his kids for an adventure today. We went to the new Tellus museam that replaced the old Wyman mineral museam. The exhibits were stunning and interesting, and there was a lot for the kids to do. We also went to the Planetarium and watched a facinating film about black holes.

After the museam we went hiking on Pine Mountain. 1 mile up a steep climb carrying a near 20lb baby strapped to your chest isn't easy, lemme tell ya...but we made it to the summit and could see Atlanta, Kennesaw Mountain, Bowen Power Plant, Allatoona, and HWY 75 all in one look. It was beautiful! We are thinking about hiking up there one day and setting up a tent to stay the night so we can see all the lights and stars.

Connor was wonderful the entire time. The only time he fussed at all was when it was time for him to eat. He still eats every 3 hours...you could almost set your watch by him. He loves Waynes kids and smiled and laughed at them all day long. He REALLY enjoye the hike. He kept grinning and flapping his arms and legs. I am constantly amazed at how much he likes to be outside. Sometimes I can quiet a full-blown melt down just by taking him on my front porch. I'm gonna have to invest in some sunscreen for us both, I can see it now.

He did a few new things today too. He put his foot in his mouth by himself for the first time this morning, and he's started razzing with his tongue. He's REALLY enjoying the razzing thing. I had a hard time feeding him today because the mushed carrots kept sputtering out...all over me I might add.

No comments: