Friday, February 20, 2009

My Day With The Most Wonderful Little Boy In The World

There are a lot of pics in this story so I am using small thumbnails. Click on an image to see a larger version.

We woke up early, as always, when the sun just starts to pour pale, watery light though the window. I put him down on a blanket in the bathroom with some toys and tried to take a shower. He started to call for me so I opened the stall door and peeked out. He looked up at me and grinned. I talk to him a bit and go back to my shower. He yells again. I open the door and he smiles innocently up at me. It's to be a game then, I see! We continue this way through my shower, managing to get a lot of water on the floor in the process. It's ok, it mops up.

After that we played, ate and napped. We were both in the recliner, him laying on a pillow in my lap, snoring loudly, me surfing the net quietly beside him. I may have dozed off a little too...it happens from time to time.

Connor didn't take his nap at his normal time...I think he may be ready to drop his short, early morning nap in favor of taking a longer nap later in the day.

After that it was a lunch of Momma's homemade banana puree. I've started making his solid foods...all organic of course. He likes the bananas a lot.

Finally, we dressed and started to head out for the day. Poor Connor, he loves to get out, but he HATES to be strapped in his car-seat.

This is him desperatly resisting confinement:



He calmed, though, once he realized he would have someone to talk to on the trip:



First stop, the Dollar Store where I saw something silly and got a fun idea... This expression says "You WILL be paying my therapy bills later"



After that we went to Target who had even MORE fun St. Patty's Day hats!!

"What is this thing on my head?!"



"Seriously?"



Rakish Baby!!



"Hey, this is kinda fun!"



"Oh God, did someone I know just see me?"



Pimpin'!



"The Mad Hatter has nothing on me!"



While at Target I found some cute wooden puzzles, including the one of America with the capitals underneath the tiles. I've been looking for that exact puzzle! I was really happy to get it. After that we were on our way to Babies R Us to get a breathable bumper for his crib. Now that he's rolling both ways (proud momma!) He sometimes gets his legs stuck in the slats, and regular bumpers are a suffocation hazard so breathable bumper it is!

It was getting colder so we had to put his hood up. Connor isn't a big fan of bright sunlight.....



Once we were done shopping we headed over to the....duhn duhn duhhhh Pediatrition for Connor's SIX MONTH CHECKUP!!!

Can you believe he's 6 months old already? My how the time has flown. His current milestones:
- Rolls both ways
- Sits completely unsupported
- Says "Dada" "Baba" "Goo, Gee, & Gaa"
- Passes Objects from Hand to Hand
- Reaches for, and drags toys towards him
- Tries to crawl

Weight: 18lbs
Length: 25 3/4"
Head Cir: 17 1/4"

He's a little small length wise, only in the 23rd percentile, but he is in the 50th percentile for weight and head circumference. He's healthy and his development is right on track. Yay! He got vaccinations, too, the poor guy. He took them like a champ, though, only crying a little.

We left the doctor and went home for a snack and a nap...but he didn't sleep long. Undaunted by the vaccinations, he wanted to play! So we did!

The evening wore on and it was getting close to bed time so I gave him a bath. Connor wanted me to show you him rockin' his cool blue camo bandaids.



And while we were at it....thank goodness for conveniantly placed toys!!



"You know I'm cute, just admit it"



Bathtime! Connor splashed so much water all over the kitchen, that it rivaled the mess I made when I took my shower that morning....



And then...after a long day the little man finally drifted off to sleep in my arms while I watched a little tv.



It was a good day.

3 comments:

Stephanie F. said...

I LOVE this post!! I'm so excited to see more pics of him and I CAN'T believe that 6 months has passed already. You are an awesome Mom. :-) I really loved the pic of his cute little butt and sweet little rolls. Adorable!!

L+L={E,E2,C} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
L+L={E,E2,C} said...

Ditto on what Stephanie said, but the Mad Hatter pic did it for me. He's too entirely cute. Cuteness Cubed!

Also, I share in your joy about the puzzle finding. I love finding exactly what I was looking for while shopping. It just makes all the driving, parking, unloading, walking, etc. from store to store worth it.